Partner, PricewaterhouseCoopers NZ
Wicki has extensive experience in advising clients in transactions that lead to merger and acquisition or disposal across both New Zealand and China. She is a Director within the Deals team of PricewaterhouseCoopers New Zealand.
Since joining the NZ team in 2010, she has worked closely with a number of NZ and international clients and has led numerous due diligence and advisory engagements. Examples of her recent (announced) significant M&A transactions include:
- advising Spark NZ in its recent divestment of Telecom Rentals Limited (TRL) for NZ$106 million to FlexiGroup Limited;
- advising Oji Oceania Management (NZ) Limited (Oji) & Innovation Network Corporation of Japan (INCJ) in their successful (joint) acquisition of Carter Holt Harvey Pulp & Paper in 2014 for NZ$1.04 billion;
- advising Heartland in its recent acquisition of Sentinel, New Zealand’s biggest provider of reverse equity mortgage in 2014;
- advising Methven Limited in its acquisition of a Chinese manufacturing company in 2013;
- advising Haier in its successful acquisition of Fisher & Paykel Appliance in 2012.
Wicki started her career as an auditor in KPMG China, serving major Chinese State-owned banks. She joined the Transaction Services team in PricewaterhouseCoopers Beijing Office in 2007 and gained significant experience in a number of cross border and domestic M&A transactions. Some of her key clients include Chinachem, Mitsubishi Corporation, CITICS Private Equity, TPG, Baring Private Equity, Avenue Capital, Hony Capital, HAO Capital, GE Capital and VWR Singapore.
Wicki has extensive experience across a broad spectrum, e.g. developing acquisition strategy, evaluation, identifying points of negotiation, and assisting in SPA and completion. Over the past few years, she has completed more than 80 transactions in a wide range of industries, including manufacturing, consumer products, pharmaceuticals, financial services, building and infrastructure services, IT, logistics, etc.
She is a responsible, authentic and resilient leader who encourages differences and is devoted to coaching and supporting her team to grow and develop.
With a deep understanding of both Chinese and New Zealand business environment, she has played an active role in assisting New Zealand companies to invest in China and Chinese companies to invest in New Zealand.