Prabha Ravi, QSM, JP
Prabha Ravi is an experienced Director and a well engaged community leader with over 20 years of senior leadership experience in the education and arts industry in both the private and public sector.
She is committed to helping public & not for profit sector organisations and private businesses grow to its full potential through best practice governance. In the past 10 years, she has provided a sustainable long-term vision and strategic direction to the boards she has served providing clarity to the management team to execute them effectively. With a strong background in business development and deep experience in the education, art & culture industry, she has specific expertise within the export-oriented organisations. She has travelled extensively to over 45 countries successfully promoting New Zealand education and representing at conferences locally and internationally. She also has a strong background and experience in community development. She currently sits on a few national and regional Not for Profit boards. She is committed to diversity and inclusion in governance across all sectors and growing the ethnic diversity on boards across NZ to represent the multicultural NZ we live in today.
She is the Founder and Director of Grow Consultancy Limited and Natraj School of Dance established in 2014 and 1999 respectively. She has been recognised with several awards such as the Queen Services Medal by the NZ government, Civic Honour award by Hutt City Council and other community awards by Ethnic councils and ethnic media for her contribution to Dance and ethnic communities in NZ. She was as the finalist for the Wellingtonian of the Year for Education category in 2016. In 2018, she was one of the Judges for the popular TV3 Realty show- The Great NZ Dance masala competition and has been in the judging panel for Hutt City youth Awards for the past two years and Hutt’s Got talent.
Public Sector & Community:
• Director- Cricket Wellington Board- September 2018- current
• Executive Committee Member- Women on Boards- June 2018- current
• Hutt City Council Community Panel Central Ward- Aug- 2020- current
• Chair- HVDHB Consumer Council- July 2018 – current
• Trustee- Hutt Community Radio & Audio Archives Charitable Trust- Apr 2020- current
• Wellington Branch Committee member – NZ Asian Leaders – Feb 2020 – current
• Business Advisory group panel member-Aotearoa Kapa Haka Limited- Feb 2020- current
• Board member- Education Wellington International- May 2019- April 2020
• Board of Trustee- Epuni School, Lower Hutt- Dec 2017- June 2019
• Chair –Study Whanganui Aug 2015- Nov 2017
• Board Member- Education Wanganui, Aug 2015- Sept 2016
• Board member – Education Wellington International (EWI)- 2006-2009
• Advisory Board Member- Whitireia ESOL unit April 2015-June 2015
• Advisory Board Member ANZA (Australia New Zealand agent) 2010-2012
• ENZ South East Asia Strategic Advisory Group Member- 2006-2009