Co-founder Madison Recruitment
Madison Recruitment was the largest privately owned recruitment company in NZ when it was acquired by a publicly listed company late 2013. The multi-million dollar acquisition deal set a precedent for the industry.
Marisa now sits on Boards in the following roles:
- Chair of Professionelle Foundation (a Charitable Trust set up to support professional women through their career pipeline)
- Chair of D’Arcy Polychrome (a biotech start up venture)
- NZ Work Research Institute Advisory Board (AUT)
- Learning Chair for Entrepreneurs Organisation – Auckland (part of a global invitation-only membership organisation of entrepreneurs).
Marisa is also a member of:
- ArcAngels (an Angel investment group)
- Global Women
- Institute of Directors
Marisa continues to seek out investment opportunities in a number of start up businesses and enjoys her mentoring role of a scholar of First Foundation (supporting disadvantaged scholars through tertiary education).
As the oldest child of Chinese immigrants who ran successful restaurant businesses and in property investments, Marisa believes she was attracted to business and entrepreneurship by observing her parents’ commercial acumen and work ethic. As a speaker, Marisa is often asked to present on her views relating to diversity, leadership, being an entrepreneur and what it takes to be successful in business.
Describing herself as a serial entrepreneur, investor, director and speaker, Marisa is currently in the early stages of launching a skincare range.