Chairman, Harbour Asset Management Limited; Director, Precinct Properties New Zealand Limited
INDEPENDENT DIRECTOR BCA (HONS)
BUS ADMIN, INFINZ (Fellow)
Graeme Wong has an extensive background in stock broking, capital markets and investment and is a highly regarded director with a broad range of governance experience.
He was founder and executive chairman of Southern Capital Limited which listed on the NZX Main Board and evolved into Hirequip New Zealand Limited. The business was sold to private equity interests in 2006.
Currently Southern Capital Partners operates as an investment banker and transacting for clients in China and New Zealand, which is where Graeme was involved in helping buy forestry assets for Chinese clients. Graeme was also previously on the Board of China Forestry Group NZ.
Previous directorships include:
- New Zealand Farming Systems Uruguay Limited,
- Sealord Group Limited,
- Tasman Agriculture Limited,
- Magnum Corporation Limited (owned Countdown and DB Breweries)
- At Work Insurance Limited
- Alternate director of Air New Zealand Limited
Graeme is currently a Director of:
- Precinct Properties NZ Ltd,
- Aerograph Limited,
- Tourism Holdings Limited, one of NZ’s leading tourism companies with campervan rental fleets in NZ, Australia, USA and operates the Waitomo Caves among other tourist attractions
- Director and shareholder of Southern Capital Partners (NZ) Limited,
- Chairman of Harbour Asset Management Limited, a retail and wholesale investment funds manager
- Member of the Trust Board of Samuel Marsden Collegiate School
- Member of the Management Board of The Bible Society Development (New Zealand) Incorporated