Consultant and Independent Director
Venus lectured in a Law College in India before migrating to New Zealand 10 years ago. Venus completed a Graduate Diploma in Business Management (Level 7) at NMIT while working in the retail industry. Being passionate about the Nelson community, she serves as a director on six local not-for-profit organisations including the Nelson Tasman Business Trust and Citizens Advice Bureau. Committed to her career in the governance path, Venus has joined the Institute of Directors and is also a member of the local committee. Venus is the Vice President to the local branch of National Council of Women and also a member of board of Abbeyfield NZ.
Venus’ husband Greg is the owner/operator of Nelson New World where she works as a consultant and they are also kept busy as parents to their pre-school daughter Zara. To understand the operations of the local government, Venus has also undertaken a role with the local council and contributing to their LGOIMA process and Citizenship Ceremonies.
Areas of expertise
- Commercial business management and risk management.
- Analytical mind set,
- Leadership skills, working with diversity, driving for results with passion and energy.
- Strategic insight with operational excellence
- Competitive, thorough and compliant.
- FMCG experience with food safety and health safety expertise