Head of Finance, AIA – New Zealand
Stanley was born in Hong Kong, and the whole family immigrated to Auckland in 1994. Stanley has pursued a career in Finance in AIA New Zealand, a life insurer operating in Takapuna, Auckland.
As a senior management member of AIA New Zealand, Stanley is responsible for all financial matters of the business, ranging from day to day transactional matters; to regular financial, taxation, and management reporting; to strategy, financial planning and execution. Stanley was heavily involved in driving the business’s growth over the last 3 years. Noticeable achieve includes:
- Effective business partnering – building tools and financial insights to help shape the business
- Involved in setting up and building new distribution/partnership channels
- Cost reduction initiatives, and increase in profit margins and operational efficiencies
- A core member in obtaining insurance licence for AIA New Zealand
- Finance transformation
- Significantly improved staff engagement
Stanley is a member of the Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand, and is also a leadership team member of the Auckland branch, contributing to the development of the institute, and participate in addressing some of the current challenges the institute faces.
As an emerging leader with NZAL, Stanley hopes to share his expertise and knowledge to assist like-minded individuals to grow their businesses.