Ranjna Patel QSM, JP
Director & Co-Founder at East Tamaki Healthcare District Board
Established in 1977, ETHC is now the largest private primary healthcare provider in New Zealand, with a network of 20 medical clinics across Auckland.
Ranjna has vast experience in Practice Management and community based medicine and a deep understanding of health inequalities. She has been involved with the integration of primary and secondary healthcare systems and successful in executing a number of health initiatives, including: diabetes and cellulitis projects, whānau ora services, cervical smear and immunisation campaigns.
Ranjna currently holds a range of leadership, advisory and governance roles involving medical practice development, strategic development and public relations. She is a Trustee of a Temple and works extensively in the community.
She was awarded a QSM for her work in the Indian Community. Her pride and joy are her 7 grandchildren.
Memberships / Association / Boards:
- Director, East Tamaki Healthcare;
- Founding & Executive Trustee, Total Healthcare Otara PHO;
- Trustee, International Swaminarayan Satsang Organisation (ISSO), ISSO Seva Auckland;
- Chairperson, NZ Central Indian Association (NZCIA) Women’s Group;
- Executive Committee Member, Manukau Indian Association (Past President);
- Board Member, Lottery Auckland Distribution Committee;
- Counties Manukau South Asian Police Advisory Board’
- Chair of MIT Indian Community Advisory Groug;
- Director of Bank of Baroda;
- Member of Global Women, member of Womens President Organisation ( WPO);
- Member, Communications Agencies Association of NZ (CAANZ) executive board, Middlemore Foundation for Health Innovation and Kea New Zealand Global Board of Directors Awards;
- Queen’s Service Medal for Services to the Indian Community 2009;
- Indian Business Awards’ Best Businesswoman of the Year for 2011;
- Justice of the Peace 1996;
- Marriage Celebrant 1996;
- Winner – Westpac South Supreme Business Award -ETHC 2010;
- Winner – Westpac South Excellence in Innovation and Strategy Award -ETHC 2010;
- Winner – Westpac South Service Delivery Award –ETHC 2010;
Supreme Business of the Year, sponsored by Waitakere City Council and Waitakere Enterprise. This award recognised the very best of the category winning companies from the 2009 Indian Newslink Indian Business Awards.