Strategic Advisor, Consulting in the NZ Agribusiness Sector
Kayo has a successful track record of over 20 years in delivering value-added innovative solutions and services to customers worldwide in the dairy, food, nutritional, engineering and primary industries.
Kayo’s key strength is her ability to create “actionable” strategies and deliver business outcomes through collaboration, be it by leading the team or working with internal and external stakeholders.
She has previously held senior leadership roles at Fonterra and its predecessors in general management, strategy and business development, global marketing, innovation, R & D, commercialization of technology, and business transformation. More recently, as GM Business Transformation, Strategy Development & Innovation, she led the business strategy development and implementation of innovation initiatives. Examples include the award-winning Livestock Disease Management System for NZ primary industry, Data Sharing Agreements in consultation with the Office of the Privacy Commissioner and a collaborative Proof of Concept development of an on-line electronic Animal Status Declaration (ASD) tool, working closely with the Ministry for Primary Industries, Red Meat Profit Partnership (RMPP) and other industry stakeholders.
Kayo’s professional background also includes:
- Governance experience in significant business, partnership and technology projects, with a wide range of internal functions and external organisations to successfully deliver business results
- Turning a loss-making technology incubator into a profitable business
- Commercialisation of technology in partnership with customers and the industry
- Delivering substantial business growth for and with customers
- Best practice advocacy and leadership in culture change e.g. agile
- Technology and science enabled business transformation
- Strategic Intellectual Property (IP) management
- Innovation portfolio and programme management to deliver customer value
- Development of marketing tools to promote value propositions based on customer needs
- Profit centre management
Kayo’s commitment to continuous improvement is demonstrated by her international professional development including Northwestern University (Kellogg School of Management), London Business School, California Institute of Technology and Mt Eliza Business School.
Notable awards achieved in NZ include IITP Excellence in IT (IT Project Excellence & Excellence in Software), Fonterra Innovation Awards, NZ Dairy Industry Management Development Award and Printpac UEB Tradenz Award.