Co-Founder/COO – Gung Ho! Pizza
Gung Ho! Pizza is Beijing’s leading pizza delivery concept, top rated for service, environment and taste by Dianping.com and winner of all major food service awards. He is also an exclusive strategic partner with Fonterra for marketing of Anchor mozzarella cheese in China.
Gung Ho! Pizza currently has 140 employees and is a profitable, privately funded business with 2012 revenues of US$2m, 2013 forecast revenues of US$2.9m. www.gunghopizza.com
2008 – 2013: Consultant CLSA Instructor for exclusive executive-level education programme – “CLSA U” – helping top fund managers to understand the latest industry trends, investment theories and macro developments in F&B, agribusiness and consumer trends in China. Clients include Capital Group, SAC, Fidelity, Marshall Wace, Brevan Howard, Caxton, Moore Capital,Wellington, Temasek and Vanguard. www.clsa.com/the-independent-view/clsa-u.php.
2005 – 2008: Head of Business Development, Asia, Domino’s Pizza International Oversaw market entry and selection and negotiation of Master Franchisees for the China, Vietnam, Indonesia and Thai markets including remaining as an investor in the P.R.C. Domino’s Master Franchise owner Dash! Brands.
1999 – 2005: Associate, Goldman Sachs Investment Banking Division London (1999 – 2001), New York (2002-2005), Beijing (2005). Joined in the Analyst programme graduating to Associate position working with Tech, Media and Telecom clients as well as the Financial Sponsors Group. Clients included China Mobile, Hutchison Whampoa, PCCW, Kerry Group, Temasek, Shanghai Alliance, Motorola, Nokia and Investor Group.
- 2000: M.Phil, Cambridge University, Emmanuel College
- 1989: Sociology & Political Science Department. Honors Thesis – Hungarian recombinant property post
- 1997: B.A. Harvard College, Social Studies Department. Honors Thesis – Privatization of the automotive parts industry in Hungary in socialist-capitalist transition
- 2009 – 2013: Chairman, Golden Bird Foundation – HK Registered Environmental Charity
- 2009 – 2013: Director, New Zealand Spring Water Limited
- 2007 – 2013: COO, Harry Mahon Cancer Research Trust – UK Registered Charity
- 2009 – 2012: Government-appointed Advisor, NZTE China Beachheads Program
- 2011: Asia Society Asia 21 Young Fellow
- 1999 – 2000: Cambridge University Boat Race – Blue Boat
- 1995 – 1997: Harvard University Boat Club – Varsity Crew
- 1992, 1995: New Zealand Under-23 Rowing Team
- Languages:English, Mandarin, French, Hungarian